Monday, January 21, 2008

My MySpace got hacked!

Well - I got about 10 messages from my faithful friends today letting me know that my MySpace got hacked. How did they know? Because apparently my account posted about 100 bulletons and comments advertising free cell phones. EEK!

So what does this teach me?

That when someone posts a comment or sends me an email that is an advertisement, contains a picture that I have to click on or contains a link in it that redirects me to sign in somewhere - that I should always double check that it was sent by that person - and not by a hacker. Because even I, being pretty careful of everything I do online, can get hacked!

Be careful of your email, blog comments, myspace, facebook, squidoo, active rain and any similar sites...hackers are always lurking.....

No comments: