Monday, January 21, 2008

The time to Relax is when you don't have time for it. - Sidney J. Harris

We ALL need a break sometimes. Even if you love your job, you need a break.

I was talking to a friend last night about researching things online. She mentioned that she was looking up all this information on a certain subject and that she spent hours and hours just reading and copying down everything she could to prepare herself for a job she was going to do. She was in information overload and just had so much work to do she couldn't think straight.

And I heard myself saying....be careful, before you know it you have spent so much time working that you ignore all of the important things around you like kids and family and become immersed in your work and you forget what it is you are working for..

I can see you all shaking your heads - yep, been there, done that.

Well later that same night, I was reading some blogs on real estate widgets and SEO tactics, and i glanced up to see my husband walking past my open office door. I thought nothing of it and kept on reading. A little while later, as I was working on my website, I noticed him walking past and looking in again...hmmm.....and a bit later.....the same thing. Wasn't I just giving the "take a break" speech to my friend only an hour before? Wake up and smell the Mocha Latte Charra!

Ok, Ok. It's time to take my own advice.

So, I have come to realize that my family comes first. That I need to take a break and stop working at a specified time. No more late night love sessions with my monitor. I have family to attend to. ;) I need to refresh and restart my body so that I can appreciate the reason why I work so hard.

I read something the other day that I want to share with you. It suggested taking a break will help you work more efficiently. That we NEED to take breaks regularly and frequently.

The article - by HigherAwareness.com #8-24 - says this:

Rest periods and vacations break our work routines. They help shift our thinking from its habitual, stuck patterns. They create space from energy and creative flow. They give us time for reflection, so we can step back and look at whats happening in our lives with greater detachment. We become more sensitive and aware. And finally, when we balance DOING with BEING. All work and no play throws our life out of balance and endangers our health. Our bodies and minds need sufficient rest for recuperation. This is critically important with the level of stress in our lives these days.

"I still need more healthy rest in order to work at my best. My health is the main capital I have and I want to administer it intelligently." ~Ernest Hemingway

Char Bennett
CEO YourSiteNeedsMe.com
Office: (517)529-9010
Cell: (734)323-1833
Website Design Search Engine Optimization
Email Me

No comments: